The original property is believed to date back to 1680 comprising an impressive entrance hall and dining room, which have beamed ceilings and feature fireplaces and lead through to the study. The Victorian additions are the impressive reception rooms, library to the front of the property and main sitting room to the rear, both with French doors opening onto the gardens, high ceilings, floor to ceiling sash windows and fireplaces with log burning stoves. The kitchen is fitted with bespoke wooden furnishings, a central island, dresser and larder, leading through to the utility and the inner hallway, with ground floor shower room and WC.
On the first floor, the principal suite has dual aspect sash windows with beautiful views over the gardens, a feature fireplace with a walk-in wardrobe and en-suite bathroom. There are four further double bedrooms, one with original panelled vaulted ceiling, four with feature fireplaces on this floor and the family bathroom. On the second floor, there are two Garrett bedrooms with panelled ceilings.
Outside, the electric gates open onto a gravel driveway offering ample parking and leading to the barn style garage. The generous rear garden has a swimming pool with entertaining terrace, sweeping lawns and a woodland area.
Aldwick is a highly regarded and sought-after location about 400m walk from the beach. The village of Rose Green can be found approximately half a mile offering a butchers, greengrocers, post office, pharmacy and many other amenities. The seaside town of Bognor Regis with its traditional beach, pier, promenade and precinct shopping facilities can be found approximately one mile away. The Cathedral City of Chichester with its a range of bistros and restaurants, Pallant House Gallery, as well as Chichester Festival Theatre. Goodwood, famous for Glorious Goodwood, Festival of Speed and the Revival can be found approximately six miles away.
Charming Grade II listed character house originally dating back to 1680 with Victorian additions and set in generous grounds.
The town of Bognor earned its seal of royal approval when King George V came here to convalesce in the 1920s. Fast forward and Bognor is now favoured as a commercial hub, with many large retailers moving to the area to take advantage of the wealth of commercial property available. There are also many new residential developments on the edge of the old town that blend well with the period properties and apartments on the seafront.Bognor Regis is one of the sunniest places in the UK and our award-winning beaches are a great place to go to soak up the rays. The huge expanses of sand are bordered by a long esplanade that stretches for nearly three miles and provides the launch pad for the annual International Bognor Birdman competition.