New guidelines for moving home
We’re delighted to confirm that the housing market is re-opening for business following the Government’s recent announcement - which is good news for everyone already in the the moving process and those of us looking forward to moving home in the coming months.
Each of our Henry Adams offices will be open for pre-arranged appointments from Monday 18 May. The safety of our customers and staff remains our first priority so there will be a few changes to how we operate which are designed to ensure everyone’s safety:
- As always, we are happy to discuss all your property requirements by email, Zoom, WhatsApp, our online chatbox or, of course, over the phone where we can be reached on our usual numbers.
- If you need to book an appointment to visit your local Henry Adams office, please get in touch with us by phone or email on our usual contact details to arrange a convenient time.
- Please be patient as we can only allow one appointment in the office at a time to enable social distancing precautions.
- We’re continuing to progress all our the existing sales and tenancies currently underway now that conveyancers and mortgage companies also return to business, albeit not yet at full capacity due to all the new safety measures and working practices which they will also be introducing.
- Viewings will also be slightly different going forward as we work within the Government’s guidelines for safety.
- Initial viewings should be done virtually, then to find out more about a specific property, we’ll talk you through all the details and confirm with the seller that they are happy for you to visit the property.
- All physical viewings will be carried out by one of our agents and a maximum of two prospective buyers from the same household. Owners will not be present but are asked to ensure the property is clean and that all doors and cupboards are left open to avoid the need to touch anything.
- On arrival, our staff will be equipped with personal protection in the form of a mask and gloves and we ask that you bring suitable face coverings and gloves to wear during the viewing. The 2 metre social distancing guidelines will be maintained as much as possible.
- Naturally, viewings and valuations unfortunately can’t take place if anyone is showing any symptoms, however mild, or is self-isolating until the appropriate time.
- If you have any questions, or you’d like to book an appointment to visit one of our offices, discuss a valuation or arrange a viewing, simply get in touch and let’s talk.
Finally, as we all adjust to the new ways of working, we really appreciate your patience and consideration.
Our sales and lettings staff at Henry Adams are looking forward to helping you move home - in the safest way possible.