Moving house? Check out these 7 handy tips…
There is a lot to think about and do before moving, we understand it can be very stressful so we’ve put together these 7 top tips to help make the process a little easier.
1. Pack an overnight bag with your everyday essentials and toiletries, plus personal possessions such as passports and jewellery.
2. Defrost your fridge and freezer and ensure the food is packed in a cool bag with freezer blocks and unloaded into your new fridge and freezer as soon as possible.
3. Do a last minute wash a couple of days before you move to ensure you have no wet washing you'll have to pack and move. If you don’t get round to it, simply pack your laundry basket with the clothes inside.
4. If you have any pets, make arrangements for them to be taken care of for a couple of days whilst the majority of packing and unpacking is completed in order to ease them effortlessly into their new surroundings.
5. Ensure you have all keys readily available for any locks, windows and doors that you will need to hand over and that they are clearly labelled.
6. Clean your house or arrange for a professional cleaning company to come in and do the job for you; it really makes a big difference walking in to your new home that looks and smells clean.
7. Don't forget to contact your bill suppliers and alert them of your change of address and date of move. You can also pay to have your post redirected by Royal Mail.
Best of luck in your new home, we hope you are very happy.
For those who have not yet found their perfect spot, contact us today and we’ll be happy to help you.
Image by Nicolas Huk