Tawny Close, Birdham, PO20

2 Bed │ 1 Bath │ 1 Rec

Guide Price £165,000 (Leasehold)

East Wittering

Ben Green

Partner

Key features

  • Semi-Detached House
  • Remainder of NHBC Guarantee
  • Two Bedrooms
  • Spacious Reception Room
  • Kitchen
  • Cloakroom/WC
  • Bathroom
  • 2 Parking Spaces
  • Landscaped Gardens
  • 55% Shared Ownership

Full description

This attractively presented, two bedroom semi-detached house was built approximately 2 years ago and still enjoys the remainder of the 10 year NHBC Guarantee.

The accommodation measures 816 sq ft and briefly comprises: entrance hall with store/coats cupboard with doors to a separate cloakroom/WC, fitted kitchen with window looking out onto the front garden and a spacious sitting room with large, understairs storage cupboard. Turned stairs from the entrance hall lead to the first floor, where two double bedrooms (one with fitted wardrobe cupboard) and the family bathroom will all be found. EPC-B.

Outside, the property is approached by a paved pathway and has a pretty landscaped area of lawn and shrubs which is enclosed by low post and rail fencing. The rear garden is attractively landscaped with an area of lawn, two patios, numerous trees, shrubs and flowers and a wooden shed. At the end of the garden is a gate with pedestrian access to the two parking spaces situated at the rear.

*Agent's Note: The vendor of this property owns a 55% share. Hyde Housing own the other 45% share, for which the vendor pays £380.61 p.m. We understand that further shares, up to 100%, may be purchased in the future, if desired, making this an ideal purchase for first-time buyers. A monthly charge of £40.02 covers building insurance, maintenance and external repairs. The current Ground Rent is £250 p.a.

Situation

Location

The attractive coastal village of Birdham offers some local facilities including a marina, primary school, convenience store and petrol station. A further range of facilities (including a GP surgery) can be found at East Wittering, approximately 2 1/2 miles distant or Bracklesham Bay. The nearby city of Chichester offers excellent high street shopping, restaurants, cafes and bars, the Festival Theatre and a mainline railway station. Goodwood is located to the north of the city and is famous for its many event days, including the Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival and ‘Glorious Goodwood' racecourse. There are excellent sailing facilities around Chichester Harbour and windsurfing from the blue flag beaches at West Wittering.

Hallway

An immaculate semi-detached house with shared ownership

Cloakroom/WC

Reception Room 14'9 (4.5m) x 13'6 (4.11m)

Kitchen 13'2 (4.01m) x 7'5 (2.26m)

Landing

Bedroom 1 15' (4.57m) x 9'9 (2.97m)

Bedroom 2 14'9 (4.5m) x 9'9 (2.97m)

Bathroom

Gas Central Heating

2 Allocated Parking Spaces

Garden

Details correct: BG/CE 23/08/2019

Why live in the Witterings?

People flock to East Wittering during the holiday season thanks to our world-famous beaches that are so beautiful and a way of life that’s relaxed and warm.

It’s little wonder we experienced significant building development during the 1960s and ‘80s when our rich mix of character house styles in the Witterings made it hard for people to leave. Many of the properties in the area enjoy wonderful views across the English Channel and the sound of distant waves provides a soothing backing track to everyday life here.

There’s no shortage of things to do in the area, especially if you enjoy spending time on the beach, playing water sports and experiencing the countryside and wildlife.  Both East and West Wittering are well known for sailing and surfing and there are local sailing clubs at West Wittering, Itchenor and Dell Quay and mooring facilities at Chichester Marina. West Wittering beach is postcard-perfect with its vast expanses of fine golden sand while East Wittering is more typically English with a shingle shelf that’s exposed when the tide goes out leaving behind stunning areas of wet sand where you can make sandcastles to your heart’s content. The nearby Bracklesham Bay is especially popular with surfers, divers, windsurfers and paddle boarders as well as being a treasure trove for fossil hunters.

We have everything here you need to enjoy this idyllic lifestyle here. In the village you’ll find a good selection of shops, including mini supermarkets, greengrocers, butchers, banks, bakers and a fishmonger and everything is close by in Chichester and Portsmouth.  We have two local schools for children up to 11 years of age at East Wittering Community Primary School and West Wittering Parochial C of E School and a choice of secondary schools and further education options in Chichester.

If you’d like to buy, sell or let a property in East Wittering, get in touch with your local team and discover the Henry Adams difference for yourself.

Read more