Flat , Osmund Court, Rowan Drive, Billingshurst, RH14

2 Bed │ 1 Bath │ 1 Rec

Guide Price £159,750 (Leasehold)

Billingshurst

Christina Bearryman

Branch Manager

Key features

  • Ground floor apartment
  • 2 bedrooms
  • Shared ownership 75% Share and Remaining 25% Saxon Weald
  • Communal gardens
  • Fantastic position to village centre
  • Open plan living/dining/kitchen
  • EPC-B

Full description

This spacious two bedroom retirement apartment is in great location, within walking distance of the village High street.

Osmund Court is a retirement housing complex managed by Saxon Weald that was built in 2006. This two bedroom ground floor apartment is well presented and offers good size accommodation. The spacious entrance hall has two built in coat/storage cupboards and leads to the sitting/dining room which is a large open plan room including the kitchen. It has large windows overlooking part of the communal gardens and plenty of space for a dining room table. The kitchen is well equipped with plenty of storage, with an electric hob/cooker with over hood extractor fan. There is also an undercounter freestanding dishwasher and freestanding fridge/freezer. The bathroom is a spacious 'wet room' with fitted wall shower and seated area, low level WC and fitted washbasin, there is a tandem doorway from the bedroom and also the entrance hall. Both bedrooms are of a good size, with the main bedroom benefiting from having direct access to the wet room.

You will be purchasing a 75% ownership of the flat and the remainder will be owned by Saxon Weald. Further facilities include a 24 hour Lifeline linked to the scheme manager, security entry system, residents' library, internet access, a laundry room and a small hair salon. There is a main residents' lounge with further small lounges on the first and second floor, a residents' and visitors' restaurant, two guest rooms and extra care facilities available for those who need more support. Outside there is a parking area and communal gardens and a car park for residents and guests. Hot water and central heating is also included within the service charge.

Situation

Location

Osmund Court occupies a very central position in close proximity to the village High Street and centre with its range of shops including supermarket, pharmacy, butcher, baker and Post Office etc. There is also a leisure centre with gym and swimming pool, a mainline railway station with train service to London/Victoria and the south coast. There are excellent bus routes and also a medical centre. More extensive shopping, banking and leisure facilities can be found in Horsham which is approximately 9 miles away and accessed by a direct bus route from the High Street.

Hallway

Sitting/Dining Room

Kitchen

Bedroom 1

Bedroom 2

Bathroom

Parking

Communal Garden

12/11/2020

Why live in Billingshurst?

Billingshurst is a thriving village with a welcoming community, a pretty high street and a wealth of shops and leisure facilities. It has a quaint mixture of old and new properties, including farmhouses, timber-framed buildings, thatched cottages and modern developments. The heart of the village is in a Conservation Area, which protects and preserves the character of The Green and the local buildings, such as the row of medieval terraced houses that are set back from the main road.

Many later additions were designed to include features to reflect the medieval, Edwardian and Victorian homes in the area, such as the red brickwork and projected front gables, which add to the very distinctive style of this beautiful West Sussex village.

There are two local schools – Billingshurst Primary School and The Weald School & Sixth Form, which shares a site with the Billingshurst Leisure Centre. Other local facilities include the football and cricket pitches at Jubilee Fields, a skate park, fishing lake and lawn bowling club. The village is also home to a large library and the Billingshurst Community and Conference Centre that hosts a range of sports clubs and regular activities such as the monthly film night.

Plenty of leisure time can be enjoyed on the Wey and Arun Canal – just hop on one of the three tourist boats that run from Loxwood. There’s also an abundance of independent stores and many traditional pubs in the village, including The King’s Arms and the King’s Head and a selection of restaurants and cafés that cater for all tastes.

If you’d like to buy, sell or let a property in Billingshurst, get in touch with your local team and discover the Henry Adams difference for yourself.

Read more