Reserving a Property
Once you have seen the property you wish to rent you will be asked to complete (usually on email and online) a personal tenancy application form, and sign a copy of our terms and conditions of business (shown over). At the viewing stage we will also ask you questions pertinent to your application. You will be required to pay our Agency Administration fee (detailed overleaf) which will (subject to contract and the landlord’s approval) reserve the property whilst you complete the necessary paperwork and references are taken up. This fee covers external referencing, the preparation of the Tenancy agreement, and other tenancy set-up administration costs. We will agree a target date for you to move into your new home. This date will be subject to contract and the property being vacant and your references being approved. Should you decide not to take the property or should references prove unsatisfactory, the administrative fee is strictly non- refundable.
Each applicant completes an application form which is normally sent to you online (paper copies can be provided). The application form requires personal information, including: current and previous addresses, employment details, current Landlord/Letting Agent details and bank details. The information that you provide is checked by us, and an external referencing company who will conduct electoral roll and credit checks on our behalf. Applicants must be earning an income that is at least 2½ times the annual rent if employed. In certain circumstances you may need to provide a guarantor in support of your application. Your guarantor must be in receipt of a gross income that is at least 3 times the annual rent. Self-employed applicants will need a Certified/Chartered accountant’s reference, with a minimum of 3 years filed accounts and will need to earn 3 times the annual rent.
Initial Rent & Check In Fee
An initial advance rent payment of 1 month is required. A check in fee of 10% of one months’ rent is also payable. Once the referencing process is complete we will ask you to pay the first month’s rent which will be non-refundable in the event of you withdrawing from the tenancy. If your tenancy is due to commence within 10 days of this request we will also ask you to pay other funds due for the start of the tenancy.
Tenancy Security Deposit
The security deposit is equal to one and a half months rent. Pets are not usually permitted in rental properties; however, where a Landlord agrees to the Tenant keeping pet, additional deposit monies may be required. If Henry Adams Lettings is protecting your deposit then the deposit will in most cases be held by Henry Adams Lettings in a client account in accordance with ARLA regulations and in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Regulated Agents.
We shall contact you prior to the commencement of the tenancy confirming details of monies payable. All rent, fees and deposit monies must be paid by in cleared funds by building society cheque, bankers draft, or debit card, (there is a 3% surcharge for payments made by Credit card); we cannot accept cash or a personal cheque. Future rent payments are made by Standing Order, payable two days in advance of the rent due date. All amounts due will need to be paid in cleared funds prior to completion.
When your references are finalised we will contact you to arrange for you to sign agreements and to book the check-in at the property, the tenancy agreements may be paper or online E agreements. As part of the check in process we or our utility management company will inform the local council authority, water company, and electricity & gas (where applicable) companies that you are the new occupier of the property. You will need to organise the set up of your accounts and bill payments with these organisations. You are responsible for organising the telephone line and TV License.
For further information please read our full tenants guide
Henry Adams Lettings Limited Terms and Conditions of Business and charges Personal Tenancy Application (Subject to Contract and Satisfactory References)
As a prospective tenant, I agree with Henry Adams Lettings that:
1. The information I provide to Henry Adams Lettings and the Credit Reference agency appointed by Henry Adams Lettings, including the completed Tenancy Application Form, is correct and complete.
2. As my contribution to Henry Adams Lettings Ltd cost of progressing this application, I agree to the following charges:
Administration fee is £250.00 Inc VAT for a single person. Administration fee is £300.00 Inc VAT for two people.
Administration fee for each additional adult is £60.00 Inc VAT. Should my tenancy be extended there will be a charge of £60.00 Inc VAT per property.
A check in Fee equal to 10% of one month’s rent Inc VAT per property.
Should a guarantor be required there will be an administration charge of £60.00 inc VAT.
3. The Administration fee that I have paid to Henry Adams Lettings is not refundable should I withdraw from the proposed Tenancy but if for any reason (apart from Item 4 below) the prospective Landlord does not proceed it will be refunded.
4. The Administration fee will not be refunded and the proposed letting will not proceed if:
a.There is any satisfied or unsatisfied High Court or County Court Judgements or Default payments recorded in my name and I have failed to disclose such items in writing to Henry Adams at the time of my application.
b.It is found that I have knowingly or recklessly provided false or misleading information in respect of my application for a Tenancy.
c.A reference is not returned by the referee or is returned with negative information.
5. I must provide Henry Adams Lettings with a copy of a utility bill (gas, electricity, water, council tax or telephone bill), credit card statement or mobile phone bill to confirm that I have resided at my current address, as shown on my Tenancy Application Form, for at least 4 months, AND show a form of photographic ID (a current passport or current driving license).
6. Due to the confidential nature of the information required and supplied, I understand that no details of the searches carried out by the Credit Reference Agency will be given to me by Henry Adams Lettings or the Landlord, but I may request the name and address of the Credit Reference Agency to whom I may apply for a copy of the information provided.
7. Completion: If the letting proceeds, I shall pay the balance due, which will include the months’ rent and the security deposit in cleared funds by Banker's draft, Building Society cheque, Debit card on or before the day the Tenancy commences with the first month’s rent being paid after the referencing is complete which will then be non-refundable in the event of the tenant withdrawing from the let.
8. Rental payments: The rent will be paid each month by Standing Order, two days in advance of the rent due date. Charges will be made if reminders are necessary (charges are listed in the tenancy agreement).
9. The Security Deposit lodged with Henry Adams Lettings as stakeholder for the duration of the Tenancy (and any period of extension) will be returned to me as soon as reasonably possible after the end of the Tenancy, less any amounts due to the Landlord pursuant to the terms and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement and any amounts due to Henry Adams Lettings to cover their costs in event of my breaching the terms and condition of the Tenancy Agreement.
10. The Security Deposit will be held by Henry Adams Lettings in a client account in accordance with ARLA regulations and in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Regulated Agents. Interest will not be paid, nor can the deposit be used for the payment of rent.
11. Henry Adams Lettings will endeavour to arrange the supply of utility services but are unable to guarantee connection at short notice. Connection of the telephone is my responsibility. We will also provide utility suppliers with your forwarding address which by signing this document you confirm acceptance of.
12. No contractual relationship arises in respect of a Tenancy until the Tenancy Agreement is signed by all parties, exchanged and dated.
13. Your consent - Please note the following permissions which we wish you to provide in relation both to the information you enter on this form when you register with us and of your residence at an address let to you under our agency.
By agreeing to the terms outlined, you indicate your consent to your personal information being passed to our Utility Management Partner, Hallmark Corporate Services Limited who will attend to the continuity of your energy and service supply. You also consent to Hallmark Corporate Services Limited offering you the opportunity to sign up to the services of its preferred utility supplier, British Gas. By agreeing to the terms outlined, you indicate your consent to receiving email marketing, telephone marketing, postal marketing and or text messages from our Utility Management Partner, Hallmark Corporate Services Limited and its selected third party utility providers, such as Home Telecom.
Please tick this box ONLY where you DO NOT wish to receive a Utility Pack from Hallmark Corporate Services Limited in order to be offered the opportunity to sign up to the services of Hallmark Corporate Services Limited’s preferred utility supplier, British Gas
Privacy notice - For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Henry Adams Lettings
We use the personal details that you submit to provide you with our services. You may give us personal details about you by filling in this form or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. In addition to the information you give us on this form, we may also collect additional information (for example, details of your property, current energy providers) as necessary to provide our services and to deal with your queries.
Disclosures of your personal details - We may pass your personal details to our Utility Management Partner, Hallmark Corporate Services Limited to enable us to provide you with our services.
In turn, Hallmark may pass your personal details on to selected third party service providers to enable these providers to provide you with energy and other utility services that you request.
We may also share your information with:
a. credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors; and
b. other third parties (including law enforcement bodies and Government agencies) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to defend or exercise our legal rights.
We may also use your personal details:
a.to tell you about other goods and services that we offer that are similar to those that you have already asked us to provide or have enquired about; and
b.to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
Those third parties solely include our Utility Management Partner, Hallmark Corporate Services Limited and Hallmark’s preferred energy and other utility supplies. For the purposes of the scheme “utilities” includes gas, Electricity, Water, Council tax and Telecommunications.
Accessing your information - The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please send any questions, comments, complaints or requests regarding this privacy notice to: email@example.com